Check http://www.paleopolly.com for daily for tips, inspiration and tried and tested recipes made with ingredients from your shopping list.
- No dairy- including no cottage cheese or yogurts.
- No legumes; especially dried lentils and beans. (Sugar snaps/ green beans are ok.)
- No GRAINS…. No wheat, oats, rice, quinoa, pasta etc.
- Eat 3 to 5 times a day.
- Make sure in your handbag, in your car, in your gym kit you have nuts, seeds dried fruit and Naked bars to hand for when you get bad cravings.
- Remember the calories in nuts.
- Breakfast can be egg based, think baked eggs, omelettes, scrambled eggs or smoked salmon and avocado.
- Lunch (eat it in 2 goes to save prepping for a snack.)Make a quick chicken or prawn stir fry the night before.
- Speedy snacks- boil eggs when in the shower. Double up cooking lunch and breakfast or dinner and next day’s lunch.
- Get a work pal or partner to complete the challenge with you. Then take turns in making lunch.
- Make sure you exercise 3-4 times a week. Mix cardio high intensity exercise (run as fast as you can for 30 seconds then walk for 1 minute, repeat at least 8 times) with circuit training. Either got to your gym and do a bootcamp style class, Crossfit, or pick 4 exercises (i.e. deadlifts, squats, walking lunges, mountain climbers, renegade rows, burpees.) Do 12 reps of each x 3. Then pick four more exercises and again do 12 reps of each x3.
- Try to avoid alcohol. This will ruin your weight loss and progression. It’s not just the calories and badness from the alcohol, BUT, the eating patterns you adopt the following day!!!
- If you really must have a drink, stick to red wine or white spirits, and try your very best to stick to 1 or 2 glasses.
- If eating out at friends or at restaurants! Tell them. Most restaurants will make lean protein plus veg for you if you ask. Ask them to skip the bad carbs and calorific sauces.
Paleo Shopping List
(1-2 people for 1 week with eating out 2 lunch and 2 dinners)
- 12 x Free Range Eggs
- 2 x Wild Salmon Fillets
- 2 x Mackerel/ Cod Fillets
- 1 bag King Prawns
- 1 pack Smoked Salmon
- 4 x Free Range Chicken Breasts
- 1 x Lean minced Turkey breast
- 1 x Fillet of Pork
Plants and Berries
- Pea Shoots
- Little Gem lettuce
- Bag of Peppers
- Tender stem broccoli
- Bag of Lemon and Lime
- Green Beans
- Sugar Snap Peas
- Butternut Squash
- Bag of onions
- Spring onions
Nuts, Seeds, dried Fruits and emergency snacks
- Sunflower seeds
- Pumpkin seeds
- Naked Bars
- Dried Fruits
- (Any other fresh herbs you love!)
- Lemons and limes x 5
- Womersley food vinegar of your choice.
- Balsamic vinegar
- Coconut milk
Store Cupboard Favourites
- Tinned tomatoes
- Nuts and seeds sprinkles
- Almond flour
- Coconut flour
- Unsweetened desiccated coconut
- Pistachio nuts
- Dried fruits
- Good quality Caoco Powder
- Baking powder
- Green Tea
- Camomile Tea
- Peppermint tea