Hallelujah! Oh yeah! How sexy does this bad boy look! :-)One of the most delicious breakfast treats around (or snack for that matter.) Looking at this in a morning cheers me ‘right up.’
I have mixed up the recipe to give it more crunch; and for all you ‘ketchup’ lovers out there, we have lashings of a fruity tangy tomato and chilli sauce. Hubba hubba!
Paleo Bacon Sandwich
You will need:-
- 4 Slices of Bacon
- 1 small Avocado
- 2 inches of Cucumber
- 3 Radish
- (Add coriander, chilli, spring onion, mint, shredded sprouts- anything you fancy really)
- Juice of a lime
- In a pan fry the bacon, with a touch of oil. (Olive/ Coconut is fine) Whilst that’s cooking, mash the avocado, chop the other ingredients into small pieces and mix in a bowl. Now add your lime.
- Once the bacon is cooked, take the avocado mix and wedge between two slices of bacon.
For the Ketchup
I make a batch of this at the beginning of the week; goes great with loads of things. Even a great base for a sauce to go with courgette noodles (or zoodles as you say in America!)
- Tin of tomatoes
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 onion chopped
- glug of balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of chilli flakes.
- Now throw in a pan for 20 minutes and put through a blender/ soup maker! Boom!