Ok folks! Sorry for not blogging for a couple of days! I’ve been majorly busy with work & America plans, plus it’s also been my birthday! One year closer to 30!
Today I’m back in my routine, I’ve smashed crossfit two nights in a row and my eating has been bang on! Feeling pleased with myself. That was until I got home; today I forgot to turn my slow cooker on! Whoops- so I have to improvise, and I’ve had crispy bacon, green beans and cabbage for supper?!? Fail!
So,whilst cooking up my evenings scrum, I decided to make some “date balls” which I adore, and really help me when I have chocolate/ sweet cravings. Perfect to snack on throughout the week!
Anyway, today I have done something a little crazy with my balls! I thought what the heck, let’s give this a try!
I had some delicious, free range, organic bacon sizzling in the pan- and my date balls ready to blitz! I’ve heard bacon and chocolate work together; bacon an maple syrup an American favourite, so let’s roll!
So the bacon jumped out of the frying pan….
Into the mini blender.
Date Balls Recipe
- 3 handfuls of organic dates
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- 1 dessert spoon of cacao nibs
- 2 long glugs of Womersley’s raspberry vinegar
- 2 dessert spoons of organic almond butter
(Feel free to add coconut flakes/ nuts of any kind/ bacon/ organic cocoa powder.)
- Take the following items, and blitz in a food processor.
- Roll into balls.
- (Roll in organic unsweetened desicated coconut/ cocoa powder.)