Hello folks! Hope you are enjoying the beautiful spring like sunshine that is drenching the UK! Can’t wait to get outside and put my shades on!
Today I’ve been pretty peckish outside of my set mealtimes….
I’m a believer of having 3 meals a day, but equally I believe paleo grazing is fine every now and then, so long as you don’t go crazy.
As a great person once said…. “Failing to plan is preparing to fail” and that principle can be applied to the organisation of your snacking habits! Below you should find inspiration to get your taste buds going, offering some delicious suggestions to get your paleo juices flowing!
- DAY/ WORK SNACKS- Weekdays when it’s around 11am or 3pm I can sometimes fancy something to perk up my energy levels & concentration.
- EVENING/ AT HOME SNACKS- Mainly at the weekends, I have less discipline. Movie night in front of the T.V, I like to pick at bits!
- ON THE GO SNACKS- Many occasions I find myself out shopping/ post work out and get rather peckish. If the hunger isn’t killed fast, I can find my making bad decisions!
DAY TIME/ WORK SNACKS
- Paleo Granola– Simple- Make a big batch at the weekend. Perfect for nibbling on, or have a portion with coconut milk if you’re feeling hungry! (Try microwaving it for a porridge effect.)
- Paleo Spanish Omelette– Simple- Make a batch, perfect to slice and take with you in a small container!
- Egg Muffins– Again, make a batch, then wrap in tin foil. Delicious, portable protein hits.
- Primal Kitchen Bars– http://www.theprimalkitchen.co.uk/bars/ These come in at around £1.30 per bar! They are delicious, and a great replacement for that afternoon chocolate bar.
- Naked Ape– http://www.thenakedape.co.uk/- Delicious snacks to graze on, perfect to stock pile in your office desk draw, or throw into your bag when you are en route to a meeting.
- Carrot/ Celery with almond butter/ cashew butter/ hazelnut butter. Buy great nut butters here. http://perfectlypaleo.co.uk/
- Canned Fish– Grab some mackerel/ tuna or salmon. Make sure it is ethically sourced and has no nasty additives.
- Egg wrapped in Ham/ Bresola– Simple, easy, ready in 5 mins snack! Delicious!
- Meatza– Make pizza, it is pretty filling, then simply pop a slice in a container. Nice and portable, have a slice and have it on the go!
- Paleo Scotch Eggs– Make your co-workers jealous with these gorgeous scotch eggs. They taste amazing. Requiring a touch more effort, but worth it!
EVENING/ AT HOME SNACKS
- Coconut Prawns & Dips- These are amazing. And they look kind of impressive! Great one to show off to friends with; or simply indulge yourself.
- Sweet Potato Brownies- Yes, many of the suggestions have been savory so far! These bad boys are pretty sinless, as far as chocolate brownies go! Strongly recommend adding the ‘date & coconut caramel!’
- Banana Sushi Rolls- Don’t these look adorable! They go down great with the kids. The good part. You are actually really eating a banana! Particularly sinless.
- Paleo Kale Chips– I love munching on balsamic kettle chips! However, if I am trying to be good. These are equally delicious. You can mix the seasoning up to work to your tastes. Love chilli flavours.
- Bacon Sandwiches- Need a snack to put you on, before dinner! These are epic! Let the picture do the talking! Hubba Bubba! Get some great bacon here. http://www.paleoandprimalliving.com/store/c4/Primal_And_Paleo_Snacks_And_Treats.html
ON THE GO SNACKS
- Courgette and Chicken Fritters- These are wonderful, wrap them up, throw them in your bag! Eat anywhere.
- Date & Bacon Energy Balls- These babies are my chocolate/ naughty treat substitute! Add bacon to these for a different level of deliciousness.
- Paleo Lara Bars- These are always a great energy kick make them yourself for satisfaction or try the Primal Kitchen.