When I have slightly sad veg that needs eating up, there is nothing I love more than transforming it from slightly lack lustre, into a delicious flavoursome meal. Once you master the basic tenants of this soup recipe you can create endless numbers of delicious, tasty variations. Tomato, butternut squash, broccoli. So many vegetables really hold their own in the soup arena!
I always enjoy eating comforting soups, when I want to slim down, feeling sick, or when I am eating later on in the evening.
You will need:-
- Butter/ coconut oil/ olive oil/ Ghee- I used butter.
- 1 large onion
- 1 pint Organic chicken or veg stock/ coconut milk- I used homemade chicken stock
- [veg/ herbs/ spices of your choice] I used handfuls of spinach, broccoli, kale, green beans, basil.
- Top with shredded chicken/ pork/ kale chip
- In a pan I melted a knob of butter and sauteed the onions. I then added the veg, cut into small pieces. I then added 1 pint of stock and allowed to simmer on a medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Using a hand blender, blend the mixture into a soup.
- Top with shredded chicken & fresh herbs!
Simple, quick, easy, delicious!