Gluten Free// Paleo
Recently I have been obsessed with the chia seed.
Chia pudding has become my new breakfast choice. Having consumed it pretty much every day for the last week, I have growing a little bit tired, and decided to experiment with using the versatile chia seed somewhere else in my cooking!
I had 2 very sad bananas that needed using, I’d just bought a new pack of coconut flour, and dried dates. Therefore, I thought that I’d have a little baking time.
This is what I came up with. The consistency of this bread is heavier than a muffin, but lighter than a cookie (am I turning a little American there!?) They are really moist. They have a sweetness without being too sweet. Perfect for a breakfast, or mid afternoon snack.
You will need:
- 2 Bananas
- 6-8 Dried Dates
- 1 splash of Coconut Milk
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tablespoon of Chia Seeds
- 1 tablespoon of Coconut Flour
- 1 Dessertspoon of Coconut Oil
- head the oven to 250 degrees or 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- In a food processor, blend the banana and dried dates with a splash of coconut milk. Almond milk will work just fine as well.
- Add to a mixing bowl.
- Mix in the coconut flour.
- In a pan, melt the coconut oil.
- Use some to grease your muffin tin. Pour the remainder into the cake mix.
- Stir in thoroughly.
- Now add the eggs, mix together well to form a cake lix mixture.
- Now add to muffin trays and bake for 25 mins.