Firstly, let me start by saying, this recipe isn’t about re-creating junk food. Re-creating junk food is one of my pet hates…..
For me this recipe is more about creating something delicious, wholesome and fun to eat, that is a winner with kids and grown ups alike.
The “nuggets” are perfect for dipping in my delicious pomegranate guacamole.
Coupled with a colourful salad, some sweet potato wedges, some tomato salsa- this is a happy, colourful recipe which is perfect for a mid- week supper.
You will need:
For the Nuggets
- 2 Chicken Breasts, diced
- 1 dessert spoon of Coconut Flour
- 2 teaspoons of Chia Seeds
- 1 juice of Lime
- 1 Egg white
For the Guacamole
- 1 Avocado
- 1 handful of Pomegranate seeds
- 1 juice of Lime
For the Salad
- 3 handfuls of Spinach, chopped
- 1 handful of Cashew Nuts
- 1 Handful of Pomegranate Seeds
- Olive Oil
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Heat the oven to 275 degrees/ 400 degree Fahrenheit.
- Make up the salad, by chopping the spinach, throwing into the salad bowl along with a handful of cashew nuts, and the pomegranates. Dress with the olive oil and apple cider vinegar and toss.
- For the nuggets, dice the chicken and set aside. In a mixing bowl, add the lime juice, and the chia seeds. leave for 5 mins until the seeds absorb the lime juice. Now add the coconut flour.
- Throw in the chicken and toss until coated.
- Remove the chicken from the bowl.
- Crack the egg, and toss the chicken through the egg white, on a plate. Once sufficiently coated, return the nuggets to the coconut flour and chia seed mixture. Coat again.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Now make the guacamole. Mash the avocado. Add the juice of the lime. Throw on a plate and top with pomegranate seeds.
- Once the nuggets are cooked through and golden brown. Serve and enjoy.