I’m not over exaggerating when I titled this salad, the “rainbow” salad. I have recited “Richard of York Gave Battle in Vain” and can confirm we’ve got reds, yellows, greens, blue, indigos and violets in this incredibly crunchy salad!
This salad is perfect to feature at a barbecue; the hardiness of the red cabbage means that it won’t wilt like green leaves would, the sweet and savoury flavours will compliment meats, poultry and chunky fish, making this one of the best looking and most versatile salads around. So versatile you can even serve it to your veggie mates as a main course! 😉
To feed 4 you will need:-
- 1/2 Watermelon, sliced then cubed.
- 1/2 to a whole, red cabbage, shredded.
- 1 Orange bell pepper, sliced.
- Handful of large radishes, sliced.
- 1/2 red onion, sliced.
- 4 sticks of celery, sliced.
- Handful of almonds, chopped.
- Handful of mint, chopped.
- Simply slice your ingredients.
- Then toss the red cabbage with the mint and onion to form the base of your salad.
- Add the radish, and bell pepper.
- Now throw on the celery. Season with black pepper.
- Add the watermelon and some more black pepper. Throw on the chopped almonds. Drizzle with olive oil!
Enjoy!! Have a great weekend folks!